"Quiet beach town with a lot of industry" Sines by DSwede
Sines Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 70 photos
Sines is a relatively small town. I walked it to and fro completely within maybe about an hour. There is an active port and a petrochemical plant a few kilometers inland. So with that, the locals are a mix of sea hands, farmers and industrial types.
The beaches are quite large and expansive, with not a lot of people.
For more general comments on Portugal, visit my Portugal page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Portugal Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Easy to walk and close to nice beaches
- Cons:Unless you know people here, you may be bored in a short time.
- In a nutshell:Quiet beach town with a lot of industry
If you are visiting Sines, chances are you are either coming from or going to Lisbon. To do that, there is the... more travel advice
This restaurant is not a particularly fancy one, but is right on the beach so it offers good views and fresh air. Lots... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Sines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Surviving Heavy Industry"
- "Quiet beach town with a lot of industry"
- "Sines - Beach, History And Industry"
- "Sines - Vaco da Gama town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sines
- Hotels in Sines
- Transportation in Sines
- Restaurants in Sines
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sines
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (167)
Have you been to Sines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sines
Photos in SinesSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos