"Old Castle, with a splash of Salt" Cardona by DSwede
Cardona Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Cardona, just north of Manresa and Barcelona, is a quaint stopping place for the scenic trip to Andorra (or more immediately, Solsona).
As others have commented, the area has been mined for salt since the ancient times, and continues today. For that reason, there is the famous castle on the top of the hill, with industrial development to the south and the town and agriculture to the north.
Despite the larger industrial works, you can still enter and tour the salt caves.
- Pros:Most of the old ramparts and castle are in excellent condition with great views.
- Cons:The industrial areas south of the city are an eyesore.
- In a nutshell:You can pamper yourself in the Parador hotel in the castle, or just casually visit for a day's walk.
The main landmark of the city is the castle and fortress on top of the hill. Today, many of the rooms are available as a... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Cardona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Castle, with a splash of Salt"
- "Unforgettable night at the Parador"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cardona
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Cardona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardona
Photos in CardonaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Cardona hotel reviews
- Parador de Cardona
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013