"The forgotten coastal city" Castellón de la Plana by DSwede
Castellón de la Plana Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 43 photos
Castelló, or Castellón, or Castellón de la Plana... the name can be seen many different ways, but rest assured that they all point to the same place.
Castellón is a sizeable city, just up the coast from Valencia. It has a small historic center, a university and a large port. Not that these compete for attention, good or bad. Simply put, most people skip over Castellón and arrive in Valencia.
The historic center can easily be walked in a few hours, including the time to visit all the sites. Much of the central markets were used as hemp and fabric trade, since it was a popular product in the area. Even walking through the Parque de Ribalta and through to the University is not impossible if you have good shoes.
- Pros:The vast majority of the sites are within walking distance of downtown.
- Cons:If you came with your own car, parking is not always easy.
- In a nutshell:Its a rather large city, with a tiny historic area, good for a brief stop.
I have written this under Castillon, because Vall d'Uixo does not exist in the database of locations. It is... more travel advice
The heart of the city was focused on the markets in the old quarter. Originally having lots of local produce, one of the... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Castellón de la Plana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castillion on the Plain"
- "Castellon - many attractions to enjoy"
- "The forgotten coastal city"
- "El maestrat"
- "Comunidad Valenciana, Espana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Castellón de la Plana
- Hotels in Castellón de la Plana
- Nightlife in Castellón de la Plana
- Restaurants in Castellón de la Plana
- Warnings and Dangers in Castellón de la Plana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Castellón de la Plana
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Castellón de la Plana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castellón de la Plana
Photos in Castellón de la PlanaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue