"The growth area to North of BCN" Granollers by DSwede

Granollers Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 3 photos

(the church above was heavily damaged in a civil war. The interior has been rebuilt quite nicely to show a wonderful mixture of old and new)

I've had the chance to visit Granollers a few times over the last 3 or 4 years and am amazed at how things are growing in the area.

Since Barcelona is relatively built up as much as it can be, there is an overflow of people and industry that needed to find a home. There is a lot of industrial expansion in the outskirts of Granollers, and therefore the city area itself is growing quickly with residential developments too.

It is still a small city, but with the influx of people and businesses, it is a new center for trendy shoppers to wonder the streets looking for the new fashions. In my honest opinion, there is not much to Granollers if you are not either there on business or into shopping.

There are the occasional Roman ruins and old stone streets, but structures like that are quite common in these areas.

For more general comments on Spain, visit my Spain page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Spain Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

• Pros:Easily accessible from Barcelona by a train/bus in about an hour.
  • Cons:Not too many sites to see for tourists.
  • In a nutshell:A growing town due to the local industries, but has a very small historic center.
  • Intro Updated Apr 8, 2011

• Neit's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 10:18 AM

I was born and lived in Granollers for 25 years. I never have found nothing really special in the town, but I like to read about it. Nice comments :)

DSwede

“What I lack in experience, I make up for in curiosity”

Badges & Stats in Granollers

Have you been to Granollers?