"The growth area to North of BCN" Granollers by DSwede
Granollers Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 3 photos
(the church above was heavily damaged in a civil war. The interior has been rebuilt quite nicely to show a wonderful mixture of old and new)
I've had the chance to visit Granollers a few times over the last 3 or 4 years and am amazed at how things are growing in the area.
Since Barcelona is relatively built up as much as it can be, there is an overflow of people and industry that needed to find a home. There is a lot of industrial expansion in the outskirts of Granollers, and therefore the city area itself is growing quickly with residential developments too.
It is still a small city, but with the influx of people and businesses, it is a new center for trendy shoppers to wonder the streets looking for the new fashions. In my honest opinion, there is not much to Granollers if you are not either there on business or into shopping.
There are the occasional Roman ruins and old stone streets, but structures like that are quite common in these areas.
- Pros:Easily accessible from Barcelona by a train/bus in about an hour.
- Cons:Not too many sites to see for tourists.
- In a nutshell:A growing town due to the local industries, but has a very small historic center.
Small towns in the area typically only have one market day per month. But Granollers is the capital of the valley area... more travel advice
Spending some time in Granollers during the last World Cup, I needed to find a place to watch the matches. I found a... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Granollers Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Granollers
- Nightlife in Granollers
- Restaurants in Granollers
- Warnings and Dangers in Granollers
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Granollers
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Granollers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granollers
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue