"Majestic Citadel Perched on the Steep Hill" Morella by DSwede
Morella Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 114 photos
Morella is a small town, or more properly a small citadel. Its ramparts are in excellent condition and the town is still very much alive. Granted, its castle is now a museum, with some parts in ruins, the vast majority still stands majestically watching over the lower valleys.
As my photo shows, the town is perched on the slopes of the mountain. There are no flat streets or paths in the town, so best get your legs ready for some steps.
The entire town can be walked in a day, quite easily. But you should spend some time slowly perusing the buildings and small passages.
- Pros:Most of the old ramparts and citadel are in excellent condition with great views.
- Cons:Built on a rather steep hill, so those with mobility problems cannot easily get around.
- In a nutshell:Get your legs ready for walking steep hills and you'll enjoy the old castle and cozy cobblestone streets.
Morella is one of many towns in Spain that celebrates their festivals with the use of "Gigantes" or Giants. These large... more travel advice
First let me tell those English speakers out there, that I confirmed twice that the name is correct. It is Dance of... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Morella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Morella, un pueblito poco conocido"
- "Morella, capital of Els Ports"
- "Majestic Citadel Perched on the Steep Hill"
- "Morella and its Castle"
- "EL MAESTRAT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morella
- Hotels in Morella
- Transportation in Morella
- Restaurants in Morella
- Warnings and Dangers in Morella
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morella
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Morella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morella
Photos in MorellaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos