"Long Castle Standing Guard Over the Quiet City" Sagunto by DSwede
Sagunto Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Sagunto is approximately 2/3 of the way from Valencia to Castellón. It has some very visible links to the old days, but has escaped the hustle of the modern era.
It is typically a sleepy town. I've passed through it a few times and never found too much activity (other than during festivals or Semana Santa).
The district can be walked in a few hours. The castle itself, which is quite long along the ridge line of the hill may require ~2hrs by itself.
The coast lines here are quite nice and popular, particularly for locals living in the nearby communities. However the town is a few kilometers from the beach, so transportation is not always the easiest.
- Pros:The beaches are nice, although may require private transport to get there.
- Cons:Accommodation options are limited, so may just make it a day trip.
- In a nutshell:The castle and beaches are the main points, the rest of the city is rather average.
On the slopes of the hill, between the town and the Castle, is the old Roman Theater. Part of it has been rebuilt and... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Sagunto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Long Castle Standing Guard Over the Quiet City"
- "SAGUNTO BEACH"
- "Sagunto - Two Millenia of History"
- "One hot afternoon in Sagunto"
- "Spain's most famous Roman city"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sagunto
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Sagunto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagunto
Photos in SaguntoSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos