"Andorra's Neighbor (& Creator)" La Seu d'Urgell by DSwede
La Seu d'Urgell Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 9 photos
La Seu d'Urgell is just to the south of Andorra. It is a quiet little town, good for a leisurely walk around the old city and our into the surrounding areas for views of the mountains and farms.
This small town was made a bishopric in the 6th century. The rivalry and feuding between La Seu d'Urgell and the Counts of Foix (France) over land and sovereignty actually gave birth to Andorra in 1278.
I stopped here on my way to Andorra, after visiting Cardona and Solsona.
I did not visit it myself, but there is an olympic park in the city that is well known for its water recreation. You can canoe, raft, kayak, etc. and escape the hot summer sun.
For more general comments on Spain, visit my Spain page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Spain Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:A very laid back, relaxed and quiet place.
- Cons:If you understand Catalan, great. If not, it could be a bit difficult.
- In a nutshell:If you're heading to Andorra, take the time to visit here for a day to get some historical continuity.
DSwede's Related Pages
La Seu d'Urgell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A stop in La Seu d'Urgell"
- "La Seu d'Urgell"
- "Andorra's Neighbor (& Creator)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Seu d'Urgell
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to La Seu d'Urgell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Seu d'Urgell
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos