"Zaragoza and "Fiesta el Pilar"" Zaragoza by DSwede
Zaragoza Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 361 photos
I came up to Zaragoza a couple of random times. But the most memorable was a long weekend (from Tarragona) to celebrate the Pilar festival. I wound up staying for three days, sleeping little, walking the city during the day and enjoying the festivities all night...
Zaragoza is a large city, near 800,000 people. It is rich with old architecture and history. There are ample tourist information booths in the city, near Pl el Pilar and Pl. Espana. You can easily get maps of the city, as well as information on museums, churches, etc.
- Pros:Wonderful Moorish influence in the architecture.
- Cons:Located in the high plains, its cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
- In a nutshell:Aside from the crazy party of El Pilar, its a nice historic city with nice architecture.
October 12... the focal point of two holidays. October 12 is a national holiday in Spain, honoring Colon (aka... more travel advice
I went to Zaragoza a couple of random weekends, including the Fiesta del Pilar. I came from Tarragona by car. Finding... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Zaragoza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Camí de Sant Jaume 280k Montserrat to Zaragoza"
- "Where I lived for many years..."
- "Zaragoza and "Fiesta el Pilar""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zaragoza
- Hotels in Zaragoza
- Transportation in Zaragoza
- Nightlife in Zaragoza
- Restaurants in Zaragoza
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zaragoza
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Zaragoza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaragoza
- Posted in Travel Andong Forum "Re: Need to rent a car in Andong"
- updated a Zaragoza Travel Page "Zaragoza and "Fiesta el Pilar""
- Wrote a Review Parking during the festival in Zaragoza Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Various events of el Pilar"
- Commented on one of jimistador's Zaragoza travel pages
Photos in ZaragozaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (78)
Latest Zaragoza hotel reviews
- Sabinas Short-Stay Apartments
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Palafox Hotel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Monasterio de Piedra
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 9, 2012
- Hotel Hiberus
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- MELIA ZARAGOZA
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 29, 2013
- Hostal Plaza
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 8, 2012
- Hostal Paraiso
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Hotel Sauce
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Ibis Zaragoza Centro
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Hotel El Principe
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 24, 2013
- Central Zaragoza Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion