"Keeping Sweden at Bay" Helsingør by DSwede
Helsingør Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 450 photos
Helsingør was the end of the road in my travels through Denmark. From there, crossing on the ferry to Helsingborg Sweden, it was the last stop in a pleasant visit to Denmark.
The small town, with its quaint cobbled streets took a short time to walk through. It is a town with a comfortable feel to it, without the pressure and pace of a lager city.
The main draw here is the Krongborg Slot. I'd be lying if I said I did not visit it, or climb its towers and tour its dungeons, just like every other tourist that comes this way. But it was a pleasant visit, without the large hordes of people as I was expecting. From the top of its tower (accessed from within the Maritime Museum), you can have a good view of the city and the shores of Sweden!
- Pros:Easily accessible from Copenhagen by a train/bus in about an hour.
- Cons:After an afternoon, you may run out of things to do.
- In a nutshell:A casual town, where you should spend at least one easy day.
There are no lockers for luggage in the train station, ferry terminal or the tourist offices. You will have to walk... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Helsingør Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Helsingør, Hamlet's little Hometown"
- "To be or not to be"
- "HELSINGOR OR ELSINOR"
- "Helsingor and Hamlets Castle"
- "Helsingor or Elsinore"
- "Lively old town with Unesco World Heritage site!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helsingør
- Hotels in Helsingør
- Transportation in Helsingør
- Nightlife in Helsingør
- Restaurants in Helsingør
- Shopping in Helsingør
- Warnings and Dangers in Helsingør
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helsingør
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Helsingør?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helsingør
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos