"Castles, Lakes and Gardens" Hillerød by DSwede
Hillerød Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 173 photos
Like most people, I came to Hillerød to visit the Frederiksborg Slot, its garden and the lake. The castle is quite magnificent from outside, with the lake flanking its backside. The interior of the castle rooms of various decoration and a rather impressive set of Family Coats of Arms.
For more general comments on Denmark, visit my Denmark page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Denmark Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Easily accessible from Copenhagen by a train/bus in about an hour.
- Cons:After an afternoon, you may run out of things to do.
- In a nutshell:A must-see, but only requires a half day visit.
DSwede's Related Pages
Hillerød Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hillerød and its magnificent castle"
- "Castle town"
- "Frederiksborg Castle at Hillerød"
- "Hiller?d, Danmark's C4 city"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hillerød
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Hillerød?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hillerød
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue