"Modern Hub of Ancient Mariners" Copenhagen by DSwede

Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,906 reviews and 9,834 photos

Apparently I arrived in Copenhagen several years too late. There are hundreds of reviews and tips already written. There is no way that my experiences there would constitute any leaps in insight or clarity, so I'll just be brief and give a synopsis of my time.

Traveling around Norway, our original plan was to go to Sweden next, but we had time and therefore opted to add a bit of Denmark to our itinerary. I booked a berth for 4 on the ferry from Oslo to Copenhagen and started our time there, without a lot of fore planning.

Copenhagen is a relatively flat city, perfect for walking and cycling. Its historic center and pedestrian streets are easily walked in a couple short days. The canals and old harbors give lots of character to the city's architecture and cultural fabric.

Probably having visited all of the main sites that fit into travelers' itineraries, a solid three day visit in Copenhagen was sufficient. We hit the harbors, the canals, the castles both standing and some in ruins, the Rundetårn, the Town Halls, the zoo, the Little Mermaid, Carlsberg Brewery, Tivoli... and that's just for starters!

For more general comments on Denmark, visit my Denmark page.

(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Denmark Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

• Pros:The city is very pedestrian friendly and easily navigated by public transit.
  • Cons:Prices add up quickly and can be expensive.
  • In a nutshell:Lots of history crammed into a small place. You can find things to do day after day.
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2011

DSwede

“What I lack in experience, I make up for in curiosity”

Badges & Stats in Copenhagen

Have you been to Copenhagen?

Latest Activity in Copenhagen