"Modern Hub of Ancient Mariners" Copenhagen by DSwede
Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,905 reviews and 9,830 photos
Apparently I arrived in Copenhagen several years too late. There are hundreds of reviews and tips already written. There is no way that my experiences there would constitute any leaps in insight or clarity, so I'll just be brief and give a synopsis of my time.
Traveling around Norway, our original plan was to go to Sweden next, but we had time and therefore opted to add a bit of Denmark to our itinerary. I booked a berth for 4 on the ferry from Oslo to Copenhagen and started our time there, without a lot of fore planning.
Copenhagen is a relatively flat city, perfect for walking and cycling. Its historic center and pedestrian streets are easily walked in a couple short days. The canals and old harbors give lots of character to the city's architecture and cultural fabric.
Probably having visited all of the main sites that fit into travelers' itineraries, a solid three day visit in Copenhagen was sufficient. We hit the harbors, the canals, the castles both standing and some in ruins, the Rundetårn, the Town Halls, the zoo, the Little Mermaid, Carlsberg Brewery, Tivoli... and that's just for starters!
- Pros:The city is very pedestrian friendly and easily navigated by public transit.
- Cons:Prices add up quickly and can be expensive.
- In a nutshell:Lots of history crammed into a small place. You can find things to do day after day.
Hot dogs are a staple in Copenhagen. Any visit to the city is not complete without visiting a hot dog stall or two. The... more travel advice
Having spent way too much money in Norway, when we arrived in Copenhagen, we again needed to save our money. Hotel... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Copenhagen, a "suburb" to Valby..."
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue