Coral Bay Things to Do Tips by DSwede
Coral Bay Things to Do: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Sharks from above
Starting in early September, many of the new born sharks in the area will congregate in the late afternoons and evenings in a shallow area. They bask in the warm waters, can relax from swimming in stronger currents and can put their minds at ease since there are no predators or dangers here.
The waters are shallow (1~1.5m), so you can easily see them swim by (see first picture). If you walk into the water and do not move, they will eventually become relaxed and swim by you. If you move or make noise, they will get scared and go away.
Directions: From the beach of Coral Bay, go to the right (north) and walk ~25 minutes. The shallow little cove is easily located because it is right at the bottom of the large bald sand dune (see second picture)
More Reviews (4)
DSwede's Related Pages
Coral Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coral Bay and Ningaloo Reef"
- "Lovely little Coral Bay up from Kalbarri."
- "Coral Bay - Western Australia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coral Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Coral Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coral Bay
Photos in Coral BaySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos