"Coral Bay and Ningaloo Reef" Coral Bay by DSwede
Coral Bay Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 11 photos
Coral Bay is a very small quiet retreat. It is home to ~200 people who are mostly just backpackers and adventurers who stopped to earn a little money for a few months before moving on.
Coral Bay is the southern part of Ningaloo Reef, which continues on up to Exmouth. But Coral Bay is much less traveled and peaceful than Exmouth.
The Reef wall is 500~600m off the beach, creating a relatively calm area, perfect for sunbathing, snorkeling and diving.
Coral Bay is far from anywhere else. Surrounded by open country. There are excursions on 4x4's that can take you farther out to see some of the landscape, animals and a few highlights like the old light house. But even if you stay along the beaches, you'll see plenty of great views.
Feel free to view my Australia page for more general thoughts.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Australia Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Great stop for sunsets and diving
- Cons:Coral Bay is far from anywhere else. Surrounded by open country.
- In a nutshell:Quiet and beautiful retreat on the sunny coast.
Coral Bay is a small place. There are a few places to choose from at night, but all close around midnight. The... more travel advice
As with all of Ningaloo Reef, there are spots to visit all the way from Coral Bay to Exmouth. However if you are staying... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Coral Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coral Bay and Ningaloo Reef"
- "Lovely little Coral Bay up from Kalbarri."
- "Coral Bay - Western Australia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coral Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Coral Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coral Bay
Photos in Coral BaySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos