"End of the (paved) road" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation by DSwede
Cape Tribulation Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 164 photos
Cape Tribulation is not much more than an isolated beach in the remote corners of the rain forest on north eastern QLD.
Coming up from Port Douglas, this will be where the pavement stops and 4WD would be needed to go the rest of the way to Cooktown (unless you take the interior roads over the tablelands).
Cape Trib is the site where Captain Cook nearly killed his crew. While sailing up along the coast, he was soon caught between the shores and the encroaching reef. When he decided to make a run for open water, Cook nearly sunk the boat by running in the coral reefs. Due to some excellent seamanship and good fortune, he made landfall again and was able to mend the boat.
Due to this and several other problems of the time, Cook was very depressed, stressed and resentful. Many locations now bear names to reflect his mood - Mount Sorrow, Desperation Point, Cape Tribulation, etc.
- Pros:Untouched and pristine wilderness
- Cons:If you're someone who needs to stay 'connected', you will not find it anywhere close.
- In a nutshell:A nature lover's dream destination, if you can handle the jungle climate.
One of the oddities of coming up to the Daintree rain forests and Cape Tribulation is that you can have some exotic,... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Cape Tribulation Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Tribulation,Daintree Rainforest."
- "Cape Tribulation"
- "Cape Tribulation - Stunning Beaches & Rainforest"
- "Totaly tropical taste"
- "End of the (paved) road"
- "Cape Tribulation - Daintree Rainforest"
- "CAPE TRIBULATION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Tribulation
- Hotels in Cape Tribulation
- Transportation in Cape Tribulation
- Nightlife in Cape Tribulation
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Tribulation
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Tribulation
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (167)
Have you been to Cape Tribulation?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Tribulation
- Posted in Travel Malaysia Forum "Re: how would you choose?"
- Commented on one of DSwede's Cape Tribulation travel pages
- updated a Cape Tribulation Travel Page "End of the (paved) road"
- Wrote a Review Captain Cook was in a bad mood in Cape Tribulation Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "End of the (paved) road"
Photos in Cape TribulationSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos