"From the Gold Pan to the Fruit Bowl" Cromwell by DSwede
Cromwell Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 53 photos
Even though Cromwell's historic old town is no longer where it was in its heyday, its still a mirror into the past. When the water's raised after the Clyde Dam was built, the old "mall" was moved to higher ground.
But after the town blossomed during the gold boom, it as able to sustain itself when the gold dried out by becoming a central agricultural producer.
DSwede's Related Pages
Cromwell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cromwell - A perfect place for a stopover"
- "Cromwell - Central Otago"
- "A must stop for dried fruit fanatics"
- "Cromwell, NZ's newest old town"
- "From the Gold Pan to the Fruit Bowl"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cromwell
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Cromwell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cromwell
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos