"A brief stop in Ashvegas" Ashburton by DSwede
Ashburton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 17 photos
Ashburton is just south of Christchurch, so it is usually skipped by most travelers. We stopped here to stretch our legs and feed our bellies.
The town is frequently called Ashvegas. Being from Nevada myself, I questioned why they would give a moniker associated with Las Vegas. The area is strong with agriculture and ranching, but it turns out that there are a few bright nightlife spots that give the town a glow similar to the glow of the Vegas oasis in the desert.
For more details of my time on the island, please feel free to visit my South Island page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my New Zealand gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
DSwede's Related Pages
Ashburton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A brief stop in Ashvegas"
- "ASHBURTON a rural Town"
- "Ashburton 5 minutes to the sea, 30 to the mounts!"
- "Towards Christchurch"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ashburton
- Hotels in Ashburton
- Transportation in Ashburton
- Restaurants in Ashburton
- Shopping in Ashburton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ashburton
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Ashburton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashburton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue