"On the Cliffs, stands the Medieval City" Chauvigny by DSwede
Chauvigny Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 49 photos
Chauvigny is a small town about 25km from Poitiers. Its cliffs hold the old remains of chateaus, strongholds and other constructions dating back to Medieval times. Nicely perched on the cliffs, with the Vienne River below, its a serene setting with impressive views.
For more general thoughts on France and other worthwhile towns/cities to visit, feel free to view my France page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my France Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Most of the old ramparts and citadel are in excellent condition with great views.
- Cons:Built on a rather steep hill, so those with mobility problems cannot easily get around.
- In a nutshell:Nice citadel worthy of a day's long leisurely walk.
Chauvigny's old historic center is very small. But it is in my opinion one of the best things about visiting here. I... more travel advice
Within the ruins of the Chateau Baronnial, is a bird training facility and aviary. There are several different types,... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Chauvigny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More Interesting Romanesque Art Here"
- "Five Castles ... Count em ... Five!"
- "On the Cliffs, stands the Medieval City"
- "Chauvigny, lovely place to stop."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chauvigny
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Chauvigny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chauvigny
Photos in ChauvignySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue