"Right on the Foveaux Straight" Riverton by DSwede
Riverton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 20 photos
A quiet, quiet town in the off season, I'm not sure how busy it would be in the summer, but I can imagine the caravans of tourists passing through on the Southern Scenic Route.
Riverton is a picturesque small town on the extreme southern tip of the South Island. It still holds its longevity as one of the oldest towns by staying true to the sea. While it may have originated under the questionable industry of whaling, fishing is still a major factor of the town's life.
For more details of my time on the island, please feel free to visit my South Island page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my New Zealand gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Locals here will chat you up because they're just that friendly.
- Cons:Aside from the museum, not much more to do
- In a nutshell:Just another quiet, friendly town on the south coast.
McCracken's Rest is a viewpoint along the Southern Scenic Route, with a nice beach and views of the mountains of... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Riverton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riverton Rocks!!!!"
- "DOWN THE BOTTOM OF NEW ZEALAND"
- "Right on the Foveaux Straight"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riverton
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Riverton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riverton
Photos in RivertonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos