"Southern tip is the home to Oysters" Bluff by DSwede
Bluff Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 61 photos
Located just south of Invercargill, Bluff is a sleepy coastal town. Basically it is the end of the road. From Stirling Point, looking south, you can see some of the smaller islands, but it is the end of the mainland.
Birds flock here, seals play in the waters and the Bluff Oyster and other seafood keep the local fishermen busy.
For more details of my time on the island, please feel free to visit my South Island page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my New Zealand gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Good oysters, when they are in season.
- Cons:After an afternoon, you may run out of things to do.
- In a nutshell:Just another quiet, friendly town on the south coast.
There is a monumental chain linking Bluff, or more specifically Stirling Point, to Stewart Island. First, there was the... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Bluff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place the late Fred and Myrtle put on the map"
- "Southern tip is the home to Oysters"
- "A fledgling Bluff page..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bluff
- Transportation in Bluff
- Restaurants in Bluff
- Shopping in Bluff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bluff
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (167)
Have you been to Bluff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bluff
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos