"Southern Port City and Gateway to Stewart" Invercargill by DSwede
Invercargill Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 66 photos
Invercargill has a varied past. Originally it was settled as an expansion effort of the Free Church with missionaries, but the big boom was the exploitation of the seals and whales. Today, Invercargill is a relatively sleepy city with a large university. The Southland Museum is a good stop if you are in the area. Among other things, they have a great display of pounamu (jade) and several tuatara (living dinosaurs!).
DSwede's Related Pages
Invercargill Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Base"
- "Blooming Marvellous"
- "Southern Port City and Gateway to Stewart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Invercargill
- Hotels in Invercargill
- Transportation in Invercargill
- Nightlife in Invercargill
- Restaurants in Invercargill
- Shopping in Invercargill
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Invercargill
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (165)
Have you been to Invercargill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Invercargill
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos