"With a Little Comedic D'oh!" Springfield by DSwede
Springfield Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos
The name and the 'baby' donut on the lawn may give the illusion that you've entered the world of the Simpsons. But in reality you are now in the world of Narnia (same as the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).
After coming to be as a railroad town, Springfield's most recent claim to fame is being the filming home of the Narnia movie.
This small town is close to the city of Christchurch so many people who want to escape the city for a day of adventure sports come here. Also, its cheaper to stay here than at the ski resorts, so many will do just that and commute to the slopes daily. In the shoulder season, its very quiet.
For more details of my time on the island, please feel free to visit my South Island page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my New Zealand gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Easily within reach of both Christchurch and the mountains.
- Cons:During winter weekends, accommodations may be hard to get.
- In a nutshell:You'll quickly learn the town since it only takes ~10 minutes to walk the length.
Castle Hill is a bit of an oddity with the type of boulders and pinnacle rocks. These formations do not exist anywhere... more travel advice
Open from 8am to 8pm, Yello Shack is a good eatery for meals or snacks. They serve a good breakfast if you don't care to... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Springfield Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Springfield
- Hotels in Springfield
- Nightlife in Springfield
- Restaurants in Springfield
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Springfield
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Springfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Springfield
Photos in SpringfieldSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue