"Almost the end of the road" Port Douglas by DSwede
Port Douglas Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 633 photos
Most people only come to Port Douglas on day trips from Cairns. But for those wishing to come up to a little quieter town, and cut the commute down by an hour for all trips into the Reef and northern rain forests, Port Douglas offers you that opportunity. Not to mention the Four Mile beach that is just a few minutes walking from the town center.
Day trips are usually for diving or exploring the rain forests, Daintree and Cape Tribulation.
- Pros:A very laid back, relaxed and quiet place.
- Cons:With less options and further from Cairns, its just that much more pricey.
- In a nutshell:For those who want the same tours as Cairns, without the noise.
If you enjoy walking or jogging, then this is the thing for you. Circling Port Douglas, there are 15 signboards, labeled... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Port Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tropical Port Douglas"
- "Far North Queensland"
- "Tropical Delight Close To Great Barrier Reef"
- "The Only word here is WOW."
- "Paradise for some"
- "Best Home Base to see the Great Barrier Reef!"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Douglas
- Hotels in Port Douglas
- Transportation in Port Douglas
- Nightlife in Port Douglas
- Restaurants in Port Douglas
- Shopping in Port Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Douglas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Douglas
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (165)
Have you been to Port Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Douglas
Photos in Port DouglasSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos