"Can you re-gift?" Top 5 Page for this destination Troy by DSwede
Troy Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 371 photos
Even though I was nursing the worst flu that I can remember having, I did suck it up on Easter Sunday and got in the car with two other friends for the better part of a whole day and visited the ancient cites of Troy and Assos. I am happy to say that I have been there, but Troy was rather anticlimactic. The size of the site, the condition of the foundations did not quite live up to the stigma that its reputation had instilled in me. From Bursa, Troy was about 3 hours in the car, with Assos being an extra 2 hours.
- Pros:There are visible strata of where new is built on old. A place where history can be seen in layers..
- Cons:Having been to many historical sites, this was very anticlimatic being the famous Troy.
- In a nutshell:Sit back and watch as all the tourist all follow each other like cattle.
Honestly, Troy (Truva) did not impress me that much. Assos, on the other hand was a new name to me, so I had no... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Troy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Homeric Troy?"
- "Troy is not your average, restored ancient site!"
- "Troy is a place on your mind"
- "The nine settlements of Troy"
- "Can you re-gift?"
- "4000 years of History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Troy
- Hotels in Troy
- Transportation in Troy
- Restaurants in Troy
- Shopping in Troy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Troy
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Troy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Troy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue