"More of a Palace, less of a Fort" Nakhl by DSwede
Nakhl Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 52 photos
Located about an hour west of Muscat in the Jebel Akhdar Mountains, Nakhal is home to one of the most impressive forts of Oman.
It is built on top of the bedrock's boulders, as they climb their way out of the otherwise flat valley floor. It is
- Pros:Relatively accessible since its just north of Muscat.
- Cons:Aside from the fort and museum, not much more to do
- In a nutshell:More of a Palace, less of a Fort
DSwede's Related Pages
Nakhl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nakhl - Town with Fort, Hot Spring & Mountains"
- "More of a Palace, less of a Fort"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nakhl
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (165)
Have you been to Nakhl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nakhl
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos