"Moby Dick Jr" Providenciales Island by DSwede
Providenciales Island Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 656 photos
Doing what most people do when the go to Turks and Caicos, I sat on the beach, I played in the water and I went diving. The island of Providenciales is similar to just about every other island retreat in the Caribbean. Its subtropical, breezy and wonderful for lounging. Just don't get too comfortable and fall asleep, you'll wake up like a lobster.
There's plenty of family oriented resorts as well as singles places depending on what you want. Many of them are all inclusive, with everything except alcohol included, but you can add that to your package sometimes for a set price.
The diving is decent. Just as the island is, the diving is on par with the other islands in the Caribbean. However, the island is located on a prime migratory path of the humpback whales. If you are out on the boats fishing or diving, you might just see one. I was lucky enough to see one with a group of divers while we still had all our gear on and we got within feet of a ~30ft male. (ahh.. finally found the picture... see above)
- Pros:The diving is ok, but if you spot whales, you're in for a treat!
- Cons:I found myself struggling for things to do after 4 days.
- In a nutshell:If a book, beach and sun is what you want, then you've found it.
DSwede's Related Pages
Providenciales Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Island Paradise"
- "A Special Island in My Heart"
- "Island Adventures Diving"
- "Moby Dick Jr"
- "Provo - the best beaches in the world"
- "Beautiful Grace Bay Beach"
- "Perfect Caribbean Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Providenciales Island
- Hotels in Providenciales Island
- Transportation in Providenciales Island
- Nightlife in Providenciales Island
- Restaurants in Providenciales Island
- Shopping in Providenciales Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Providenciales Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Providenciales Island
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Providenciales Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Providenciales Island
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos