"The resort half of T&T" Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago by DSwede
Tobago Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 149 photos
Please note that this page is dedicated to more of the island of Tobago as a whole and to Crown Point.
The airport is in Crown Point (south west corner of Tobago).
Honestly speaking from a visitor's point of view this is where you want to be anyway. The capital city of Scarborough does not particularly cater to visitors.
Crown Point will have all the hotels, restaurants, tour & dive shops, car rentals, etc.
There are a few small towns worthy of stopping at, so it would be recommended to rent a car and circle the island. The entire island can be circumnavigated in a day.
The upper northeast coast by Speyside is quite refreshing.
Trinidad and Tobago are two distinct islands, but they do share a common culture. There is a mixture of religions (Christian, Hindu, Muslim, etc.) and a diverse ethnic mixture, mostly of African and Indian decent.
Tobago, of the two islands, is far more concentrated in the African and Christian populations, with large Rastafarian communities.
Of the two, Tobago is more laid back, operating on a slower pace. It does have a few supporting industries, but the people predominantly depend on tourism.
But for some more general thoughts on my month long stay in T&T or more specifically Trinidad, please feel free to stop by my Trinidad & Tobago page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Trinidad & Tobago Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Relaxed days on sunny beaches
- Cons:Outside if Crown Point, you will likely need your own transportation.
- In a nutshell:Diving and beaches are decent. Time best spent liming away watching the sunset.
There are a few boutiques and clothes shops in Crown Point and Scarborough. There is also a large mall just west of... more travel advice
I was recommended a few dive shops by locals and by fellow divers. They may look relaxed enough and have humble shops... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Tobago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hanging in Tobago..."
- "Tobagooooooooooooooo! go there..."
- "The resort half of T&T"
- "Paradise found"
- "Just gotta go to Tobago!"
- "Tobago , long and rich history"
- "Tobago... A slice of relaxation in the Caribbean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tobago
- Hotels in Tobago
- Transportation in Tobago
- Restaurants in Tobago
- Shopping in Tobago
- Warnings and Dangers in Tobago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tobago
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (165)
Have you been to Tobago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tobago
Photos in TobagoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos