"Island of the Cruise Ships" Coco Cay by DSwede

Coco Cay Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 161 photos

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I was not overly impressed with the cruise stop on Coco Cay. The little island was purchased by Royal Caribbean.

Being on the island is basically an extension of being on the boat. The meals that were served were the same as the cafeteria meals on the boat. Drinks were charged to the cabin via pre-paid tickets.

The waters and beaches were nice! Don't get me wrong, that part was wonderful. But after taking some ~45 minutes to circumnavigate the island by foot, I got bored. I actually got around the island before most of the guests got off the boat. I had hoped to be able to make an excursion, but instead was marooned on Cruise Island.

• Pros:Clean warm waters, refreshing walks
  • Cons:The island is an extension of the cruise liners
  • Intro Written Feb 17, 2013

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Some people on our ship took an island tour, Princess Cays is part of an island where people live. But when we asked them the highlights of the island tour they all seemed kind of stumped....

• DSwede's Profile Photo
      Feb 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Same on this island.. The paid excursion tour passed me in a Jeep. Not sure why when the island was ~3/4mi at most.

DSwede

“What I lack in experience, I make up for in curiosity”

Badges & Stats in Coco Cay

Have you been to Coco Cay?

Latest Activity in Coco Cay