Paramaribo Shopping Tips by DSwede Top 5 Page for this destination
Paramaribo Shopping: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Hammocks for cheap
Having searched many stores for hammocks and mosquito nets, a local guy pointed me to this store. It is about 5 minutes walk past the central market, on the right side. Once you enter, you will notice that it sells almost exclusively fabrics/textiles and hammocks. But near the back of the store, it also sells miscellaneous tools and equipment useful in the interior of the country.
Open Mon~Fri 7:30 to 4:15
Sat 7:30 to 12:45
What to buy: Hammocks here are of two types, Brazilian and Surinamese. Brazilian hammocks will have decorative tails/lace hanging along the side. Surinamese hammocks have plain straight edges.
What to pay: Regardless of the type, single person hammocks start at 25 SRD (compared to 60 SRD at most other stores).
They have two-person hammocks starting at 40 SRD. Mosquito nets start at 28 SRD.
Address: Saramaccastraat 42
Directions: About 300m west of the Central Market
Phone: +597 475060
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (7)
DSwede's Related Pages
Paramaribo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Dutch capital in the New World"
- "I have won a trip to Suriname"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paramaribo
- Hotels in Paramaribo
- Transportation in Paramaribo
- Nightlife in Paramaribo
- Restaurants in Paramaribo
- Shopping in Paramaribo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paramaribo
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Paramaribo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paramaribo
Photos in ParamariboSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos