"Artists Colony and Quiet Retreat" Areguá by DSwede
Areguá Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 8 photos
Aregua is a quiet town on the shores of Lago Ypacarai. It is known as an artist colony. All of the locals I ever spoke with all agree that it is a summer retreat for artists who can afford the lifestyle as a place to relax and work on their crafts.
On the main streets of Aregua, there are many vendors selling unique one-of-a-kind pieces, as well as what appear to be mass produced assembly line clay creations.
Feel free to visit my Paraguay page for more comments on my experiences here.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Paraguay Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:A great escape out of the busy capital
- Cons:With the hassle of public transit to get here, it really requires a private car
- In a nutshell:A fair weather day trip from Asuncion
Paraguay has one of the rare geological oddities. Only found in few other places (South Africa and Canada), Cerro Koi is... more travel advice
If you read my Asuncion page or possibly some other literature on Paraguay, you may know that Paraguay had the first... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Areguá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artists Colony and Quiet Retreat"
- "Probably the cutest town in Paraguay"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Areguá
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Areguá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Areguá
Photos in AreguáSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue