"Growing Frontier Town - Old Home of the Jesuits" Encarnación by DSwede
Encarnación Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
Encarnacion is a rapidly growing frontier town. It is about as far south in Paraguay as you can get, with Argentina flanking the other side of the river.
Even the locals that I met were commenting on how rapidly the town is growing. Public and private funds are going into the city, developing it into a second economic engine in Paraguay.
However, despite the fact that maps (both on the internet and in hard print) do not actually show the size of the city, it is still a bit sleepy and humble. There is a downtown, with the normal commercial outlets, stores, restaurants, etc. But it is quiet and goes to bed rather early.
If you are traveling alone, it will be a bit boring. If you have companions or friends in town, it will be what you make of it.
Feel free to visit my Paraguay page for more comments on my experiences here.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Paraguay Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Friendly people and reasonable prices
- Cons:If you're traveling alone, you'll likely be bored
- In a nutshell:Growing yet still sleepy frontier town
While Paraguay has had a very dynamic past, the present day culture is very much rooted in Guarani culture. However,... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Encarnación Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Growing Frontier Town - Old Home of the Jesuits"
- "Jesuit Missions of Paraguay"
- "A day trip to Paraguay"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Encarnación
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Encarnación?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Encarnación
Photos in EncarnaciónSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos