"La Plata - The Silver" La Plata by DSwede
La Plata Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 89 photos
Well, what can I say about La Plata!?! It was my home for about 2.5 weeks a few years ago and again recently for a week more. I did not see a lot of it, but I guess that is because there is not a lot to see.
The main Cathedral is relatively modern (I believe it was constructed in the 1970's). Otherwise there is not many tourist things to do here, but fortunately you are only an hour away from Buenos Aires.
I spent most of my time drinking Argentine tea, or yerba mate, socializing with my friends and going to the nightclubs.
But this was the starting point of my side trips to Iguazu, Ushuaia and El Calafate.
For more general thoughts and impressions, please visit my Argentina page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Argentina Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Was a home to me due to friends opening their doors. Kind people
- Cons:Rather dull if you don't have company to walk with you.
- In a nutshell:Not so much to do for the tourist. A couple hours may suffice.
Falkner's is a local landmark that almost all people know. The food is not all that fantastic, mostly bar type snacks... more travel advice
I've now been in and out of La Plata several times. I believe I have found my 'new' preferred hotel. The Corregidor... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
La Plata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viaje al pasado"
- "La Plata, capital of Buenos Aires Province"
- " LA PLATA "
- "La Plata - The Silver"
- "BUENOS AIRES: BEAUTY AND GRAFFITI"
- "Young - Young people all around..."
- "LA PLATA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Plata
- Hotels in La Plata
- Transportation in La Plata
- Nightlife in La Plata
- Restaurants in La Plata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Plata
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (165)
Have you been to La Plata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Plata
- Posted in Travel Iran Forum "Re: can i visit my irani friend"
- Wrote a Review Best Artesianal Beer in Town in La Plata Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Arguably the best in town (Hotel Corregidor)"
- updated a La Plata Travel Page "La Plata - The Silver"
- Commented on one of Graxie's La Plata travel pages
Photos in La PlataSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos