"The Coast Often Skipped" Macaé by DSwede
Macaé Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Located ~3.5 hours or so north of Rio (past Buzios), Macae is another rather relatively sleepy coastal town often skipped over due to its larger brothers to the south. It is a self-proclaimed petrochemical capital due to the Petrobras industry in the area.
- Pros:Unpretentious quiet town
- Cons:Little infomration for the non-Portuguese speaking visitor
- In a nutshell:A decent coastal area, but often skipped over by travelers
DSwede's Related Pages
Macaé Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Macaé - Pearl of Rio"
- "Cabana Boy's Macae Page"
- "The Coast Often Skipped"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Macaé
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Macaé?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Macaé
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos