"Up in the Clear Blue Mountain Air" Teresópolis by DSwede
Teresópolis Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 65 photos
I had long wanted to visit Teresopolis since from where I'd been living/working in Niteroi, I could see the Finger of God (Dedo de Deus) off on the horizon on many clear days. But it still took me a few months to find the perfect opportunity (work, schedule, weather, etc.) for a visit.
When I got to Teresopolis, I was welcomed with comfortable weather, clear skies, fresh clean air and light crowds. I later found out that all the people were in Petropolis, but was thankful to have the little mountain town all to myself.
The streets were relatively quiet, most places are easily within walking distance and easy to find. The people were much more laid back and friendly than in the busy cities.
The town has a few sites, warranting a short visit. There are many old colonial style houses, the Matriz de Santa Tereza church, the Fonte Judith, and lots of shopping opportunities.
However the main draw for the city is its location in the mountains, its panoramic views and the hiking trails. If you are a nature lover, you could come for a day on the city and weeks on the trails.
For other thoughts on my visits here as a whole, feel free to see my Brazil page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Brazil Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Clean mountain air and quiet streets
- Cons:Limited lodgings, particluarly in the busy winter months
- In a nutshell:The town can take a lazy day, but the mountains could take forever
Vila Cecilia was built in the early 1920's. Its classic architecture sets it apart from much of the other central... more travel advice
Near the southern end of town in the Praça Higino da Silveira, this outdoor market has a lot of local crafts, clothes... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Teresópolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "**FROM TERESOPOLIS TO PETROPOLIS**"
- "Travel to Teresopolis"
- "Up in the Clear Blue Mountain Air"
- "My farm at Teresópolis, 80km from Rio. Mountainous"
- "Possible Day Trip Out Of Rio De Janeiro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Teresópolis
- Hotels in Teresópolis
- Transportation in Teresópolis
- Restaurants in Teresópolis
- Shopping in Teresópolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Teresópolis
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Teresópolis
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Teresópolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Teresópolis
Photos in TeresópolisSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Teresópolis hotel reviews
- Hotel E Fazenda Rosa Dos Ventos
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 8, 2013