"Peace at the end of the road..." Com by DSwede
Com Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos
Com is about as far away as you can get from Dili without quite arriving at the eastern point of the island at Tutuala.
Com is a popular relaxation destination for expats living in Dili due to the nice beaches, quiet serenity and stress free atmosphere. It is therefore a bit more busy on Friday and Saturdays since most of the expats work weekdays.
The drive up to Com will be on some beautiful, if not remote, roads that pass mountainous coast lines and sweeping plains with planted fields. What traffic does come to Com, usually stops at Com, since this is where the pavement ends. If you wish, you can take a dirt road south towards Fuiloro (~15km), at which point you can turn east and again continue to Tutuala on paved road (for most of the way)
Feel free to visit my East Timor page for more general comments about my time in the country.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my East Timor Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:One of the last swimmable beaches on the coast.
- Cons:Lights out early and must bring your own provisions.
- In a nutshell:A peaceful retreat for many stressed expats at the end of the (paved) road.
During my drive along the north coast of Timor, there were no shortages of empty beaches and coves. Among them, I found... more travel advice
Many of the locals are trying to subsidize their incomes by operating Guest Houses. They are cheaper than the Beach... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Com Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Com
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Com?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Com
Photos in ComSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos