"The Central "Capital"" Top 5 Page for this destination Da Nang by DSwede
Da Nang Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 195 photos
Da Nang, located almost directly between Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, is the third largest city of Vietnam.
It has a lively feel to it, but more of just being a city, and less of a entertaining destination for the wondering traveler and tourist. If you want that, go visit its southern neighbor Hoi An.
Hoi An was the focal point for the French-Indochina, acting both as administrative hub and port. But as the river suffocated itself with silt, Da Nang replaced it as the port city and grew to be the 3rd largest city of Vietnam.
Hoi An is just a few minutes away. So that means that the day trips to places like Marble Mountain, Monkey Mountain, etc. are still options.
But otherwise, there are two major museums in Da Nang (Cham Sculpture Museum and the HCM museum) and that is it.
- Pros:All main transport options stop here.
- Cons:Not too many sites to see for tourists.
- In a nutshell:Using this as a jumping point to access Marble Mountain and HoiAn is the way to go.
The Ho Chi Minh museum in Da Nang may not be as impressive as the one in Hanoi, but it is worth a stop. The cost is... more travel advice
Most long-term foreigners living in Da Nang will go down the road to Hoi An for entertainment and weekend fun. However,... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Da Nang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Central "Capital""
- "A relaxing and truly beautiful beach !!!"
- "Da Nang"
- "Da Nang City"
- "Joo in Nha Trang, Hoi An, Mui Ne and Hue"
- "Da Nang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Da Nang
- Hotels in Da Nang
- Transportation in Da Nang
- Nightlife in Da Nang
- Restaurants in Da Nang
- Shopping in Da Nang
- Warnings and Dangers in Da Nang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Da Nang
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (165)
Have you been to Da Nang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Da Nang
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos