"The home of HCM" Hanoi by DSwede
Hanoi Travel Guide: 2,746 reviews and 6,065 photos
While Ho Chi Minh City may be a thriving city, Hanoi is the beat heart of Vietnam. Being the home of Uncle Ho and his movements, Hanoi has embodied those principles. There are countless monuments, museums and tributes, as well as the eternal resting place of Uncle Ho himself.
On the other hand, Hanoi still has one foot in the more distant past, with the old quarter, the Citadel and the waterways, there is a living breath of the past colonial days. There are vestiges of the French during their occupation and the markets are busy with vendors and hawkers selling their goods as they have for hundreds of years.
- Pros:Transportation and food is easy, cheap and good.
- Cons:The city never stops. Noise, pollution, traffic, etc.
- In a nutshell:Vestige ties still exist to both the colonial days and to Uncle Ho's days.
Pho Thin has been featured in several international papers and culinary write-ups. But honestly I did not know that... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue