"The Mini-Venice of Philippines" Top 5 Page for this destination Coron by DSwede
Coron Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 510 photos
Coron is a nice quiet retreat on Busuanga Island, just north of Palawan. After my sister and I toured the south, we then came in from El Nido. We stayed in Coron for about 5 days before finally returning to Manila.
There are countless little places to explore, some island hopping and lakes to enjoy, as well as some marvelous Japanese WWII wrecks to dive in!
Coron on the island of Buswanga is different from El Nido on Palawan. Buswanga is relatively flat (in comparison) with larger open areas available for farming and ranching. If you fly in, you will easily see this from the plane
window. The jeepney from the airport to Coron town will be about 1 hour.
El Nido and the island of Palawan is very rugged and steep due to limestone.
The islands have a very different physical shape and contour.
Not to confuse you too much more, but Coron town is on Buswanga Island. There is also a Coron island (no permanent population), which is an island hop from Coron town. This Coron Island has similar shape of limestone cliffs as north Palawan.
- Pros:Fresh produce and fish yeild some tasty meals
- Cons:Transportation options to get here are rather limited.
- In a nutshell:A quiet retreat with some WWII wrecks for divers.
Named for the fact that most people like to come here to watch the sunset, Lambingan Bridge has become a landmark unto... more travel advice
In 1944, after a few surveillance flights over the area, US military intelligence (try not to laugh at the paradox of... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Coron Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wreck Diving Capital of the Philippines"
- "Visiting Coron - another slice of paradise"
- "WEEKEND IN CORON, PALAWAN"
- "The Mini-Venice of Philippines"
- "Coron, Palawan"
- "I held my breath seeing this plACE .."
- "Coron, Palawan: Wreck Divers' Haven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coron
- Hotels in Coron
- Transportation in Coron
- Nightlife in Coron
- Restaurants in Coron
- Shopping in Coron
- Warnings and Dangers in Coron
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coron
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Coron?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coron
Photos in CoronSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue