"Crossroads between Thailand and Vietnam" Top 5 Page for this destination Savannakhet by DSwede
Savannakhet Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 46 photos
Savannakhet is a rather quiet town that falls off the radar of most travelers and tourists. I agree, there is not much to do here for the typical traveler, but it is a quaint town, worthy of walking the side streets and taking in the sights.
The town is a major crossroads in the south or Laos. It is a consolidation point of many agricultural products, as well as a shipping lane between Thailand and Vietnam.
It is approximately half way up from Pakse to Tha Khek, or about one-third the way to Vientiane.
- Pros:Its just far enough away that you won't have to compete with (foreign) tourists.
- Cons:Most things of interest require transportation to get out of the city.
- In a nutshell:If you want to see what a normal, average Laos town is, come here.
The street market is a good place to entertain yourself, as well as feed yourself some street foods. The market goes for... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Savannakhet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Crossroads between Thailand and Vietnam"
- "A pleasant riverside town."
- "A little break on our drive south."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Savannakhet
- Hotels in Savannakhet
- Transportation in Savannakhet
- Nightlife in Savannakhet
- Restaurants in Savannakhet
- Shopping in Savannakhet
- Warnings and Dangers in Savannakhet
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Savannakhet
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Savannakhet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Savannakhet
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "Re: Lounges in Terminal 1 Galeao..."
- updated a Savannakhet Travel Page "Crossroads between Thailand and Vietnam"
- Commented on one of planxty's Savannakhet travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crossroads between Thailand and Vietnam"
- Wrote a Review Night Market in Savannakhet Things to Do
Photos in SavannakhetSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue