"Depository of Kim il-Sung's gifts" Myohyang-sanmaek by DSwede
Myohyang-sanmaek Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 63 photos
Myohyang is the location of the underground depository of all the gifts and tributes that Kim il-Sung and Kim Jung-il have received. These depositories are massive underground labyrinths that could house the wealth of an entire country, and keep it safe from an all-out war.
Myohyang is a quiet mountain area, about 100mi / 160km north east of P’yongyang.
Visit my North Korea (DPRK) page for some more general thoughts.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my North Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Lush mountains and nice hikes if you're guides are nice to show you.
- Cons:Photographs are strictly prohibited, particularly when you find that one oddball gift you want to document.
- In a nutshell:If sold on e-Bay, these treasures could feed the country for decades.
Myohyang is the location of the underground depository of all the gifts and tributes that Kim il-Sung and Kim Jung-il... more travel advice
Your tour through Myohyang will be for the purpose of the North Koreans to show the wonderful tributes to Kim il-Sung in... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Myohyang-sanmaek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Depository of Kim il-Sung's gifts"
- "No we are off to the mountains first!"
- "Kim Il Sung's underground gift vault"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Myohyang-sanmaek
- Hotels in Myohyang-sanmaek
- Transportation in Myohyang-sanmaek
- Nightlife in Myohyang-sanmaek
- Restaurants in Myohyang-sanmaek
- Warnings and Dangers in Myohyang-sanmaek
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Myohyang-sanmaek
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Myohyang-sanmaek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Myohyang-sanmaek
Photos in Myohyang-sanmaekSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue