"Dehra Dun, Garwal & Monkeys" Dehra Dun by DSwede
Dehra Dun Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 19 photos
The city of Dehradun, which in my opinion, is not worth the visit. It is a rather busy city, but filled with traffic, street vendors and busy store fronts. Nothing for the visiting tourist to see or do other than watch the busy ants go about their daily routine. However, on the way to Dehradun, I stopped at the small mountain town of Garhwal.
This city had a bit more to see, but could easily be done in a matter of a leisurely two hour walk. The town had a few temples, not particularly singular by themselves, but with the town as a backdrop, they were nice. Garhwal is situated on the rather steep slopes of a mountain river, but not only on one side, it is on both sides of the valley, with a large suspension foot bridge connecting them.
And monkeys... They unofficially own the town, hanging out on the suspension bridge. I even saw one of them unzip the backpack of a girl and take a banana out of her bag when she was not paying attention.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my India Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
Also, please see my India page for more general comments.
- Pros:Mountains and rivers provide cool releif of the hot sun.
- Cons:Mind the monkeys, they have quick fingers and may make off with your lunch.
- In a nutshell:There are lots of little towns to visit in the area, so private transportation may be best.
DSwede's Related Pages
Dehra Dun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dehra Dun, Garwal & Monkeys"
- "Honey Moon? dont miss this place!"
- "Dehradun... our staying place for IIT Rookee"
- "The Rail End"
- "Where I was born."
- "Hotels in Dehradun"
- See All...
- Hotels in Dehra Dun
- Transportation in Dehra Dun
- Restaurants in Dehra Dun
- Shopping in Dehra Dun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dehra Dun
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Dehra Dun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dehra Dun
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue