"Jamnagar" Jamnagar by DSwede

Jamnagar Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 7 photos

Again, why are you here?

Maybe it is because I cannot speak with the locals (few speak anything other than Hindi or Gujarati), or because I did not have easy transportation to get around, but my experience in Jamnagar was not that exciting.

There is a huge military base for the local air force and other than that, the city has a few small parks, but mostly the stereotypical dirty back streets with cramped vendors selling goods on the dirt sidewalks.

After I posted this, I was informed that there is a bird sanctuary that is very renowned, but hot have been publicized widely because in all of my preparation for my trip, I never came across that information. More foreigners usually only visit Jamnagar for business (with Reliance being the big pull).

(for more pictures, feel free to visit my India Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

Also, please see my India page for more general comments.

• Pros:Options exist for bird watchers.
  • Cons:Typical dirty back streets.
  • In a nutshell:Unless you're working with the airforce or the Reliance plant, not much to see here.
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2011

• avijitb's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 3:32 PM

There are number of things to see around Jamnagar. Especially the Bird Sanctuary & Marine park. The real name of Bechtel Beach is Okha Mati Beach.

• Tijavi's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 7:51 AM

I see, you also did some work for the R company :-)

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2006 at 8:33 PM

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely buy lots of good books when I get there soon. Cheers, Abu

DSwede

“What I lack in experience, I make up for in curiosity”

Badges & Stats in Jamnagar

Have you been to Jamnagar?

Latest Activity in Jamnagar