"Jamnagar" Jamnagar by DSwede
Jamnagar Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 7 photos
Maybe it is because I cannot speak with the locals (few speak anything other than Hindi or Gujarati), or because I did not have easy transportation to get around, but my experience in Jamnagar was not that exciting.
There is a huge military base for the local air force and other than that, the city has a few small parks, but mostly the stereotypical dirty back streets with cramped vendors selling goods on the dirt sidewalks.
After I posted this, I was informed that there is a bird sanctuary that is very renowned, but hot have been publicized widely because in all of my preparation for my trip, I never came across that information. More foreigners usually only visit Jamnagar for business (with Reliance being the big pull).
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my India Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
Also, please see my India page for more general comments.
- Pros:Options exist for bird watchers.
- Cons:Typical dirty back streets.
- In a nutshell:Unless you're working with the airforce or the Reliance plant, not much to see here.
If you are in Jamnagar, you have already made it farther into the heart of no-man's land than the average traveler. But... more travel advice
Bechtel Beach is the name dubbed by many of the locals for a section of beach between Jamnagar and Dwarka due to the... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Jamnagar Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Jamnagar
- Hotels in Jamnagar
- Restaurants in Jamnagar
- Shopping in Jamnagar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jamnagar
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Jamnagar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jamnagar
Photos in JamnagarSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos