"Rustic Fishing Village in the Modern HK" Top 5 Page for this destination Tai O by DSwede
Tai O Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 55 photos
If you look at the map, Tai O is about as far east as you can go in Hong Kong before you leave the territorial waters. If you keep going a bit farther, you'll wind up in Macau...
This little hidden corner of Lantau Island is a still-functioning fishing village. The majority of which are residences built on stilts over the tidal water pools.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Hong Kong Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:It is a refreshing escape from the chaos and modernized HK.
- Cons:Transportation here is very slow, despite being so close to civilization.
- In a nutshell:Rustic Fishing Village in the Modern HK
When you come to visit Tai O, you will no doubt notice the large fishing fleet out in the harbor, near the bus... more travel advice
Quite possibly the worlds smallest draw bridge is in Tai O. Sun Kei street and Sun Kei Bridge are pedestrian-only... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Tai O Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tai O oozes with Rustic Charm"
- "Rustic Fishing Village in the Modern HK"
- "The village on stilts"
- "Tai O"
- "Tai O fishing village"
- "A village on stilts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tai O
- Transportation in Tai O
- Restaurants in Tai O
- Warnings and Dangers in Tai O
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tai O
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Tai O?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tai O
Photos in Tai OSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue