"The Planned Community" Ch'angwon by DSwede
Ch'angwon Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
Changwon, unlike most cities in S Korea, was actually a planned community. This means that generally speaking, the roads are wider, straighter and easier to navigate. The shopping districts, public transportation and center areas are easier to access too.
I've been to Changwon a few times, but never more than a few days at a time.
It is only about 35 minutes from Busan. Changwon is also only about 15 minutes (traffic depending) from the Cherry Blossom capital of Korea, Jinhae.
But having spent many months in the area, feel free to visit my S Korea page for more general thoughts.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Many western options are avalable here and city is easy to navigate.
- Cons:Not too many sites to see for tourists.
- In a nutshell:Its a new and planned city, focusing on industrial fabrication.
DSwede's Related Pages
Ch'angwon Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ch'angwon
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Ch'angwon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ch'angwon
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos