"Gateway to the untouched north" Kangnung by DSwede
Kangnung Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 38 photos
Geongneung is a modest town on the North East coast. The North Korean boarder is not far from here, so the beaches may or may not be open to the public (for security pursposes & possible landmines). However, the draw here is not for the beaches, but rather for the mountains.
For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Absolutely no travelers here, you'll have the whole place to yourself.
- Cons:Beautiful beaches cannot be enjoyed due to military security.
- In a nutshell:Have a couple picnics and a hike or two as you pass through.
DSwede's Related Pages
Kangnung Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kangnung
- Hotels in Kangnung
- Transportation in Kangnung
- Nightlife in Kangnung
- Restaurants in Kangnung
- Shopping in Kangnung
- Warnings and Dangers in Kangnung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kangnung
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Kangnung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kangnung
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue