"Ancient City in Modern Korea" Kongju by DSwede
Kongju Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 41 photos
Kongju (do not confuse with Kyeongju or Gwangju), is a nice, quiet historical center in west-central Korea. It dates back to the Baekje Kingdom, about 1500 years ago.
Its a relatively small area and if you have your own transportation you can visit nearly everything in a long day.
The Songsanri Burial mounds are a historically important monument. But many foreigners may find them a bit dull if you've seen similar mounds before.
Otherwise, the Donghaksa temple and Gongsanseong Fortress are definitely worth a visit!
- Pros:Its just far enough away that you won't have to compete with (foreign) tourists.
- Cons:Transportation options to get here are rather limited.
- In a nutshell:If you have your own transportation you can visit nearly everything in this ancient capital in a long day.
DSwede's Related Pages
Kongju Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kongju
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (165)
Have you been to Kongju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kongju
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos