"The most open-minded city of Korea" Gwangju by DSwede
Gwangju Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 49 photos
Gwangju is a great city in Korea in my opinion. Most likely due to the violent past of the city, it has kept in its mind the freedoms that it faught for.
Therefore I find the people of Gwangju to be the most open minded and welcoming of all those I have met in Korea.
For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.
My camera was not working during my visits to Gwangju, but for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.
- Pros:The most open-minded city of Korea.
- Cons:Summer heat can be stronger in this area of Korea.
- In a nutshell:The tourist sites and mentality are centered around the cultural uprising and awakening.
Truffaut is another unique find in Korea. This laid-back chill bar is less of a bar and more a hip-style art... more travel advice
The California Hotel is a basic Korean style "Love Motel". The amenities are decent and the beds among the more... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Gwangju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gwangju - The city of art"
- "The most open-minded city of Korea"
- "Please input the information below:6"
- "Fun, Vibrant, and Artistic City"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gwangju
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Gwangju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gwangju
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue