"Ancient capital" Kyongju by DSwede
Kyongju Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 491 photos
I will not bore you with a history lesson, but if you wish to check out my albums for a few photos, look below.
The area is full of many ancient temples, monuments, tombs and parks.
It is about an hour north of nearby Ulsan.
For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:The historic sites are easily within reach of a circular bus route or bicycle.
- Cons:Cheosuk and fall (with the turning of the leaves) is extremely busy.
- In a nutshell:The quintessential historical site in Korea, good for a casual 2~3 day stay.
The Hilton Hotel in Gyeongju has several rather high quality restaurants. The Lakeside Cafe is the Hilton's answer to... more travel advice
If you are the average traveler just looking to get a couple photographs and say you've been there, then 2 days is... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Kyongju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Ancient City Blossoms"
- "The Ancient Capital of the Silla Kingdom"
- "Home of the Silla Dynasty"
- "Gyeongju (Kyongju) - A Journey through History"
- "Kyongju - Gyeongju"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyongju
- Hotels in Kyongju
- Transportation in Kyongju
- Restaurants in Kyongju
- Shopping in Kyongju
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyongju
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyongju
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Kyongju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyongju
Photos in KyongjuSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos