"Where foreigners stay while on Geoje" Okp'o-dong by DSwede
Okp'o-dong Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 26 photos
Okpo-dong is the home to the largest shipyard on Geoje-do (visit my Geoje Island page for more comments about the vicinity).
Due to the industry associated with the shipyard, Okpo is home to many foreigners and business travelers. With this, it will be the most comfortable area for foreigners to stay due to restaurant options, hotels, western bars, etc.
The town itself may be the center to rest and feed yourself, but if visiting, the sites to see are spread on the rest of the island.
- Pros:There is a large influx of foreigners working in the port area, so western amenities are easier to find.
- Cons:While here, you will most likely be confused as being a shipyard inspector or engineer.
- In a nutshell:A very blue collar town in the shipbuilding industry, with ties to old POW camps.
Having spent too much time in Korea, I often get cravings for some comfort foods of the west. I do not visit fast food... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Okp'o-dong Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Okp'o-dong
- Hotels in Okp'o-dong
- Nightlife in Okp'o-dong
- Restaurants in Okp'o-dong
- Warnings and Dangers in Okp'o-dong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Okp'o-dong
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Okp'o-dong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okp'o-dong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue