Busan Tourist Trap Tips by DSwede
Busan Tourist Traps: 6 reviews and 2 photos
Beach Patrol at 6:15pm
OK, honestly, in Korea, you can do no wrong when it comes to driving. People routinely run through red lights, pass in the wrong lanes, drive the incorrect way down one-way streets, make u-turns using the pedestrian cross walks... and the police look the other way.
But during the "summer beach season" you absolutely cannot swim in the beaches outside of the hours of 9am ~ 6pm. If you try, you will have several beach patrols run to you blowing whistles and yelling at you.
Why in a country that you can drive like a madman, can you not swim after 6pm? Any other place in the world would simply post a sign with something like 'swim at your own risk'.
And the Koreas take the summer beach season quite literally. That season is July and August. If you arrive June 30 or September 1, the beach will be very empty and there will be no beach patrols.
Unique Suggestions: If you go to the beach, plan on swimming or wading only during 9am ~ 6pm. You can stay at the beach 24 hours a day, but the beach patrols will not let you walk in the water past your knees.
More Reviews (14)
- See All Self Guided Walking Tour
- See All Good small venue with live music
- See All Best Mexican South of Seoul
- Duty Free shopping from department store
DSwede's Related Pages
Busan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My first year abroad"
- "Busan = Pusan, 2nd largest city of South Korea"
- "Busan: Korea's Second City"
- "I always love to be at the BEACH!"
- "Weekends in Busan"
- "BUSAN - MARITIME CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Busan
- Hotels in Busan
- Transportation in Busan
- Nightlife in Busan
- Restaurants in Busan
- Shopping in Busan
- Warnings and Dangers in Busan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Busan
- 15 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 46 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Busan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Busan
Photos in BusanSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos