"Weekends in Busan" Busan by DSwede

Busan Travel Guide: 336 reviews and 910 photos

[If you like the picture above, you should visit my Haeundae page for a truly wonderful view from Dalmaji Hill]

Working in Ulsan, I went down to Busan on many weekends.

At first, they were mostly with my Korean inspector counterpart, being his hometown, he and his family showed me a good time on every visit.

But subsequently, I ventured out on my own, visiting many of the city's sights and beaches. Other friends and I would go down for some shopping, a bit more international restaurant options and a change in nightlife (bars/clubs).

For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.

(for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

I've seen and visited many corners of the city, but there are a few things that are unique to Busan, like the famous Jagalchi Market.

Others have commented on it, so I will opt not to duplicate their efforts. But I thought this photo was worth sharing. It is of Yungkungsa Temple, north of Busan on the coast (in direction of Ulsan).

• Pros:With the second largest amount of foreigners, Busan is easier to navigate and is western-friendly.
  • Cons:The metro is not fully inclusive, so some of the outer sites will require bus trips too.
  • In a nutshell:With a more moderate climate, Busan's busy streets have several day's worth of itinerary.
  • Intro Updated Jul 16, 2011

DSwede

“What I lack in experience, I make up for in curiosity”

Badges & Stats in Busan