"Weekends in Busan" Busan by DSwede
Busan Travel Guide: 350 reviews and 945 photos
[If you like the picture above, you should visit my Haeundae page for a truly wonderful view from Dalmaji Hill]
Working in Ulsan, I went down to Busan on many weekends.
At first, they were mostly with my Korean inspector counterpart, being his hometown, he and his family showed me a good time on every visit.
But subsequently, I ventured out on my own, visiting many of the city's sights and beaches. Other friends and I would go down for some shopping, a bit more international restaurant options and a change in nightlife (bars/clubs).
For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
I've seen and visited many corners of the city, but there are a few things that are unique to Busan, like the famous Jagalchi Market.
Others have commented on it, so I will opt not to duplicate their efforts. But I thought this photo was worth sharing. It is of Yungkungsa Temple, north of Busan on the coast (in direction of Ulsan).
- Pros:With the second largest amount of foreigners, Busan is easier to navigate and is western-friendly.
- Cons:The metro is not fully inclusive, so some of the outer sites will require bus trips too.
- In a nutshell:With a more moderate climate, Busan's busy streets have several day's worth of itinerary.
This restaurant is literally a hole in the wall place. There is a small counter, behind which is the kitchen. There are... more travel advice
Many other posters have commented on the fact that there are fast ferries between Busan and Japan (Hakata terminal in... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Busan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My first year abroad"
- "Busan = Pusan, 2nd largest city of South Korea"
- "Busan: Korea's Second City"
- "I always love to be at the BEACH!"
- "Weekends in Busan"
- "BUSAN - MARITIME CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Busan
- Hotels in Busan
- Transportation in Busan
- Nightlife in Busan
- Restaurants in Busan
- Shopping in Busan
- Warnings and Dangers in Busan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Busan
- 15 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 46 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (167)
Have you been to Busan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Busan
Photos in BusanSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos